Environmental tuning mysteries: solved, hopefully

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:57:52 -0600

Ilex,
Dampp-chaser systems with "smart heater" bars will not turn on to evaporate
water if no water is present.  So there is no possible harm.  You just lose
half of the system if you neglect it.
My problem is people don't remember after being told that when I install a
system, the piano will need tuning after the climate has been stabilized in
it.  I suggest two or three weeks.  It it is humid, it will go flat, if it
is dry it will go sharp, particularly in the middle.  After that followup
tuning things are really good.

Andrew