String challenge

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:14:14 -0500

At 11:05 PM -0700 9/15/04, TLJ wrote:
>Thanks for the comments.

You're welcome.

>  I am suspecious of indnetations on the strings myself. If this is
>the case I am not sure what to do other thatn to recommend
>restringing.  What do you think?

What I think ... since you asked ... beings that you are not sure
what to do, it would be in your best interest to refer this customer
to another tech who would be certain what to do.

>Is there any solution to this other than restringing?  Any
>suggestions or additional info will be heartily welcomed.

I'm afraid that recommending re-stringing is *not* the solution.

Learning how to render the strings and to set the tuning pins on this
particular piano is the answer, no matter how difficult the task.
Best stop with the suspicions of indentations process.

There's no shame in saying uncle and moving on, if need be.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician