Drill Press

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:20 -0700

Ron N said: "You're skating yours on air too? Slick, ain't it? What are =
you using for a=20
platform, out of curiosity?

Ron,
First, it don't "float"! It's a huge cabinet on casters w/base on top. =
Three different columns, of different lengths to accommodate different =
heights, mounted on another drill press base, attached to "butcher =
block", hinged top with stop bolts, (carriage bolts, heads up), for =
setting the "angle". It's a bear to move, (as it weighs about 300 lbs), =
but it's very stable for accurate drilling at the piano. Oh, it also has =
adjustable "legs" that allow for "course" adjustments of the declivity. =
It was designed on the back of a "Cheerios" box top and basically =
evolved into it's present configuration. I'll concede you probably had =
yours before I made mine. Although, collaboration was not in the mix. It =
was conceived out of necessity and some ideas I gleaned from other =
similar apparati in the PTJ. The only reason I responded, was that I was =
marveling at the similarity of both of our uses, in the answer to a =
basic problem.<G> I guess I was feeling good that I had come up with =
something that you, (one of the great "Gurus"), had already come up =
with. Oh well, I concede to your brilliance.<G>
Very Best Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I