Plate drilling: was Drill press

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:06:05 -0500

>Speaking of drilling, what's the general procedure for drilling a new
>set of holes for hitch pins in the plate.  In this case it would be
>vertical hitches, so what bit for what sized hitch and what's the best
>set up for doing this efficiently and accurately.
>
>David Love

I have no idea what the best way is, but I use plain finish roll pins that
mic 0.196", and drill #10 at 0.1935. Other good choices are the 5/32" and
3/16" pins from Groov-pin or Driv-lok. These are available either straight
or grooved.

http://www.groov-pin.com/pin-tech.htm

http://www.driv-lok.com/Grooved%20Pins.htm

Ron N