Fallboard assembly from hell--or was I brain dead?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:41:32 EDT

List,

After feeling pretty good about yesterday's final appointment, where I
cleaned the inside of a piano, under the strings, repinned about a dozen hammer
flanges, replaced a string, and tuned it, all in around two and a half hours, I
was humbled today...it's hard to admit these things sometimes, and I tell my
fiance all about it, but she doesn't quite understand the frustration level one
can achieve on this type of thing.

Please, someone, tell me I am not alone in disliking removing fallboards of
Acrosonic spinets of a certain age.  Instead of actually removing the clasps on
the back of the fallboard that connects it to the guide bar, I took the whole
assembly out when I began the job 3 weeks ago.  3 weeks later, with two
freshly-topped keys in hand, I took a rather excessive amount of time in figuring
out how to get it back in correctly!

My memory isn't what it used to be...er, what was I talking abouut....?;-)

Dave Stahl