What IS this stuff???

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:11:12 -0500

MessageAlan

It looks like name board felt to me. What is 38" wide red felt? I am =
confused, I have another wad of this also. Could it be old bushing cloth =
that was used in key work?
 Help.

Hubert Liverman
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 4:11 PM
  Subject: What IS this stuff???

  Just inventoried my felts and punchings; came across old envelop full =
of alien guts, or something.

   I bought this years ago from APSCO, I'm sure. The number on it is 902 =
A.=20

  It is 38" wide red felt, so I assume it is for key bushing, but it is =
fuzzier and woven differently than Schaff's key felt. At some point, I =
wrote "Nameboard Felt" on the package--no way, too narrow, too thick.

  When it was new, it was in a very pretty coil. Now it looks like a =
pile of spaghetti, or as I say, alien guts. Ha.

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO

  ---