Florida Piano People

james466@bellsouth.net james466@bellsouth.net
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:05:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Have any of the world's leaders heard that it is generally accepted, at
> least within the scientific community, that there is a relationship
> between excessive and increasing world carbon emissions, global warming,
> and the INCREASED FREQUENCY AND INTENSITY OF TROPICAL STORM SYSTEMS. Any
> clue at all?

While they are probably wrong, I do agree that many scientists do put a
connection as listed above. Howver, as a hurricane Frances victim who only
just now got power and phone back up and as a long time, sixth-generation
Floridan, I can also tell you that it is a fact that multiple storms have
hit Florida in the past. It is in recent memory that storms have not come
this way but take a look at the historical tracks of storms and you will
see many years that storms either hit Florida or came very close. So,
while it is very tempting to try and blame government and industry for the
storms, it is more likely that we are just returning to the norm for
Atlantic based storms at this time of year. There is still far too much
scientific investigation needed in order to definitively prove or even
stronly suggest that there is a connection between pollution and global
warming. The evidence just simply is not there, in spite of terrible
movies that try to suggest otherwise.