Florida Piano People

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:17:50 +0100

David M. Porritt wrote:

> Have any of the world's leaders heard that it is generally accepted,
> at least within the scientific community, that there is a relationship
> between excessive and increasing world carbon emissions, global
> warming, and the INCREASED FREQUENCY AND INTENSITY OF TROPICAL STORM
> SYSTEMS. Any clue at all?
>

> This is promoting a religious agenda.
>

> Huh??!!
>

> dave

Think about it Dave... Dean is technically correcto... the whole thing
is based on the premis that you/ believe/ in science and sciences
ability to describe nature.  Since when it comes down to it... the
extreme sceptic can show that the only thing you can possibly really
<<proove>> is DesCartes  "I think there for I am" thingy... all science
is based on belief and belief is basically.... religion.

If you think this is strange... it might interest you to know that many
(tho a small minority) of the worlds scientists actually defend this
point of view.

RicB