Broken back check wire

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:24:03 -0400

-------

I've got a bit of problem/dilemma: Upright action with about a dozen =3D
backcheck wires, broken below the surface of the wippen body! I drilled =
=3D
one out with the hollow/reverse drill bit, that is used to extract =3D
screws. This leaves a 1/4" hole, which can be filled with a dowel/glue. =
=3D
However, I don't like the idea of re-drilling the pilot holes, for the =
=3D
new wires, into end grain. I can drill a 7/32" hole across the wippen =
=3D
plug, so that it would be in line with the new pilot hole and that would =
=3D
give a more stable cross grain to drill/thread into.That is a lot of =3D
drilling and plugging!
Anyone have a better way to extract the olde wire stub, w/o all this =3D
hassle?!!!???
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R IHi JoeAfter all these years dont you have a box full of old =
whippens. When I break a wire, I just replace the thing with a duplicate =
old one, and regulate til its good to go..Richard Gullion, London Canada