Poor key morticing

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:46:28 -0500

At 1:47 PM -0500 9/8/04, Mike Bratcher wrote:
>...   I'm talking about one sixteenth to one eighth of an inch above
>the balance rail hole.  The wood here is about one eighth.  There
>needs to be clearance at the top of that hole roughly an arch, to
>clear the pin. ...
>
>  From: "Keith McGavern" <kam544@gbronline.com>
>>The process to do this is called "easing" by either compressing the
>>wood in the balance rail hole or physically removing it.

So the location of the binding is up higher in the balance rail hole.
What does that matter.

Physically removing this wood is still an easing process. Use
something like a rat tail file at an angle through the bottom or
compress the wood from the top down or both.

Whatever it takes to get the job done.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern