Poor key morticing

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:36:23 -0500

At 7:47 AM -0500 9/8/04, Mike Bratcher wrote:
>... I wondering if anyone had good ideas or ways of dealing with
>keys that have a lot of wood around the balance rail pin.  The wood
>is not allowing the key to move freely.

Mike,

The process to do this is called "easing" by either compressing the
wood in the balance rail hole or physically removing it.

Their are piano tools specifically made for this job. Consult our
piano supply house catalogs.

By the way overdoing it makes for another job that's more involved,
so steer clear.

>... This all makes for VERY poor touch.

Of course.

Keith