Chickering wip

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:48:29 +1000

>From: "Joseph Recker" <joey@onkeypianotuning.com>
>Date: September 7, 2004 3:31:24 PM CDT
>To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
>

>I'm working on the action of a 1904 (SN 103125) Chickering Grand.
>Apparently a previous technician found a bad wippen in key #1, so he
>moved the one from key #88 and didn't replace it.  Therefore, I'm
>one wippen short.
>
>I've looked through Schaff and Pianotek and don't see anything that
>looks like this one.  It has a long arm on the jack, and a brass
>flange.
>
>What can I do?  I'm not skilled in making parts.  Does anyone have
>something like this in your inventory, know where I can order one,
>or have the ability to make one?
>
>Thanks.
>Joey Recker
>

>Photo at:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4r6o7

Can't help Joseph, but its interesting to see the varied approaches
at friction reduction. Note that the upper spring arm of this wippen
is suspended using a loop cord, instead of allowing it to rub
directly on the underside of the repetition lever.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers