Chickering wip

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:15:29 -0500

[Caught in the filters]

From: "Joseph Recker" <joey@onkeypianotuning.com>
Date: September 7, 2004 3:31:24 PM CDT
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>

I'm working on the action of a 1904 (SN 103125) Chickering Grand.
Apparently a previous technician found a bad wippen in key #1, so he
moved the one from key #88 and didn't replace it.  Therefore, I'm one
wippen short.

I've looked through Schaff and Pianotek and don't see anything that
looks like this one.  It has a long arm on the jack, and a brass
flange.

What can I do?  I'm not skilled in making parts.  Does anyone have
something like this in your inventory, know where I can order one, or
have the ability to make one?

Thanks.
Joey Recker

Photo at: