odds and ends

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:44:39 +0200

On 6-sep-04, at 23:31, Richard Brekne wrote:

> I can push let off to minumums and lessen some of the aftertouch.
> What I can not do... (unless the whippen cushions get lowered in one
> fashion or another), is regulate blow to much further then 48 mm...
> which is really the crux of this querrie / observation.
>
> Its a first for me to run into the situation that you simply cant
> lower the hammer line past the 48-49 mm blow because the rest cushion
> gets in the way.
>
> That said... of course I could fudge dip to get less aftertouch.  I
> can scratch my left cheek to ease the itch on my nose too :)
>
> Cheers
> RicB

But Rick, you CAN lower the hammer. If the action allows for it, then
you can. In some cases, or in some sections of the action, the striking
distance may allow an even bigger distance. If the cushion gets in your
way, you take off some of it, like I described before.
More than 48 is unusual, but t happens, it happens. And let off we
should not really push to a minimum, 'cause that's a concert let off
and that's just for one concert only.
So stick to 2 mm in the bass and 1,5 in the treble, but not in Nipponia
because it is important to obey them rules.

Yo
EAR

love to eat them moussies
moussies what I love to eat