an odd situation

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:31:02 +0100

Joe...

You have to understand here.... grin.. I just got done with the first
session of the Yamaha Academy in June, and now I am going back to the
masters course in late october.  I HAVE to do things by specs now.. at
least I have to hold to the ones that Yamaha have written in stone.  For
Yamaha, as Andrč reminded me, aftertouch is regulated directly by blow.
Key height, and especially keydip is written in stone, and letoff and
drop are nearly so.

I can push let off to minumums and lessen some of the aftertouch.  What
I can not do... (unless the whippen cushions get lowered in one fashion
or another), is regulate blow to much further then 48 mm... which is
really the crux of this querrie / observation.

Its a first for me to run into the situation that you simply cant lower
the hammer line past the 48-49 mm blow because the rest cushion gets in
the way.

That said... of course I could fudge dip to get less aftertouch.  I can
scratch my left cheek to ease the itch on my nose too :)

Cheers
RicB