An odd situation

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:22:38 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2004 2:10:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
   Ric
  My Dad was a dealer till 1981 we were alkways told 48mm /10mm dip on  grand
& 46 upright. So if they've changed it that means the've changed  geometry
over time to do what? Carry more hammer weight perhaps
 Dale

You know  Dale... seeings how this is a Yamaha... I didnt stop to think
to check a  few of the things you mention below. But you did hit on
something I didnt  mention... tho I didnt measure it, I did get the
impression this was a bit  heavier then usual Yamaha.  Couldnt be
centerpin friction tho... as  these are newly protek't and nice and
free... too free for my likeing..  grin.. but thats another story.

I'll look at some of these basic  <<Stanwood>> parameters next time I go
down in a couple  weeks... off list Jon Page also suggested I double
check to see if anyone  has dinked around with shimming the stack.

46 mm blow is the figure we  were given at the Acadamy.  47 was said to
be like.... ok if you  wanted to get less aftertouch... 48 was supposed
to be no no...

But  what suprised me was that I couldnt adjust to 50 mm... not that I
should  want to... but there is supposed to be around 5 mm between the
shank and  rest cushion.

Cheers and thanks for the  thoughts
RicB