An odd situation

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:09:36 +0100

You know Dale... seeings how this is a Yamaha... I didnt stop to think
to check a few of the things you mention below. But you did hit on
something I didnt mention... tho I didnt measure it, I did get the
impression this was a bit heavier then usual Yamaha.  Couldnt be
centerpin friction tho... as these are newly protek't and nice and
free... too free for my likeing.. grin.. but thats another story.

I'll look at some of these basic <<Stanwood>> parameters next time I go
down in a couple weeks... off list Jon Page also suggested I double
check to see if anyone has dinked around with shimming the stack.

46 mm blow is the figure we were given at the Acadamy.  47 was said to
be like.... ok if you wanted to get less aftertouch... 48 was supposed
to be no no...

But what suprised me was that I couldnt adjust to 50 mm... not that I
should want to... but there is supposed to be around 5 mm between the
shank and rest cushion.

Cheers and thanks for the thoughts
RicB