Lanolin!?

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:33:03 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2004 12:11:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
smartin@dodo.com.au writes:
   Steve
  It's a natural ingredient/lubrication Protectent  (not a word) in the wool
& much is washed out in the initial wool  cleaning & washing process & the
excess ends up available for  purchase but as far reintroducing it to wool, I've
not heard of this.   Besides only so much is beneficial for the health of wool
fiber & I believe  too much interferes with the felting process itself. I'd
like to have a  verification of this. David Stanwood will know.
   Dale

Hello  all
I read on last mnoths list where someone talked about lanolin and  hammer
bushings - what does this do? Does it stiffen and make the  bush  hold a
centre pin better? In what form does this product come  and how is it
applied to bushings - I've never heard of it  before.
Thanks

Steve.