Upright pinblock removal jig

michael campi campimichael@hotmail.com
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:45:44 +0000

Gordon,
The problem as I see it is in mounting. My first inclination was to remove
the sides of the piano and mount the jig with a brackett directly to the
piano, which still seems to be the best solution. You can buy panel saw kits
that include all of the hardware and the glides for about $200.00. The beam
cutter is $125.00 and the worm drive saw, I think, is about $300.00. The
stability thing is something,  I'll admit, that I hadn't thought of I was
thinking that all I would need to do is mount a track and slide the saw
right on down. I hadn't considered binding or kickback or any of the
important thingsthat prevent one from losing limbs while working with power
tools. Part of the reason I wanted to open this up for discussion is because
I tend to think simplistically and I needed the type of minds that frequent
this list. I appreciate the ideas so far. Keep those cards and letters
coming.
Whomever (aka Michael Campi)