Beginning of Semester Weirdness

Paul E. Dempsey dempsey@marshall.edu
Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:10:47 -0400 (EDT)

Thought ya'll might enjoy this. Chalk it up to things I never had
happen before in all my years here at MU.

I went in to a practice room this afternoon to tune one of our three
Seiler uprights. As you probably know, these pianos do not have
casters... they sit right on the floor. As I lifted the lid it scraped
on the wall...the piano was sitting dead in the corner of the room. I
proceeded to move the thing away from both walls.

It would not budge..period. Now, these are really heavy pianos but I
have moved them before, but this one refused to move.

The maintenance folks had waxed all the floors just a few weeks ago.
Apparently, the wax has finally dried and glued the piano to the floor
!!! :-)

I went and checked the other two Seilers and they are glued to the
floor as well.

I'll check with the floor guys tomorrow to see if they used a new kind
of wax with a CA component before I drag out the pry bars.

This won't make the top ten list of crazy things I've seen but it was
worth a mention.

Cheers, Go Herd and all that

Paul E. Dempsey RPT
Piano Technician