Big hammers

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:56:42 +0200

------=_NextPart_001_0106_01C49001.9A0C7050
Hi

I suspect that too long travel (and possibly unadapted whippen) exacerbates
the defect, original or not, because of the amount of pressure toward the
jack's occurring at the beginning of the move. The rollers (Renner) where
originally glued on the shanks - parts that are from the generation 1998 or
so, actual rollers are better, don't know what happens to these series.

I rarely found the core slanted on new parts, but it may happen under time
only because of the misplacement or geometry issues within the action (or
too heavy hammers)

All Renner parts there , where are the hammers from ?. I've find you can
have some issues with jack's length or whippen height when using those parts
(and the edge of the jack is variable, need to be examined for decision
about polishing/rubbing)

The backchecks look interesting , are they inserted slanted on those pianos
?

Looking at the letoff button one may see something wrong with the regulation
or absence of it . Hard to see if those are 16 mm or 17 mm shanks, also.

The hanks may well be on the cushion only due to compression of the roller
(if 16 mm exacerbated of course)

Isaac