Over sharp treble

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:32:47 -0700

Ron,

     Definitely an age factor, or at least an over-all loss factor. I had
an 18 year old drummer working for me (not tuning) that heard nothing but a
"click" from F7 on up. Sad. I had a sweetheart older lady customer complain
about the high end on her piano, and I wasn't able to resolve the complaint
until I got her and her daughter (who was only 65ish) to come into the
showroom. When she heard a 20k$ grand that sounded "as bad" as her console,
she agreed that perhaps it wasn't the tuning. My Dad, on the other hand,
kept a stellar treble until he retired. Lots of arpeggios. His bass,
though..... whew! Could be up to 150 cents flat at C1. Not all of the
notes, mind you. Just a couple that loss had stolen from him. Too many
years with large ordinance for Uncle Sugar. Wear those ear plugs! Huh?
Oh.... "Too late", you say? Say again?

Later,
Guy

<(©¿©)>