Voicing

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:28:33 -0700

Barbara said: "OK, I confess, if the tuning
is in the ball park and the voicing is like granite, I'll do a "general
voicing" before I tune........

Barbara,
I was taught to make sure the piano was in good regulation and tuning =
BEFORE doing any voicing! I've found, that many "voicing" problems are =
resolved by making sure everything is up to snuff, before reaching for =
my voicing kit.<G> Also, I've seen some classes that have proved out =
that with good regulation, hammer/string matching and JUST tuning, the =
piano starts to sound better!<G> In the same vein, trying to regulate =
before the action is in good mechanical condition, is like "herding =
cats", IMO. Something to think about.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police