Soft blows

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:29:25 -0700

Just remember it isn't...tune...hit the key...tune...hit the=
 key...it's tune while manipulating the key/hammer (not too=
 hard!) at the same time.   Use the key/hammer to keep that=
 string moving across the friction points while making small=
 adjustments to the pin.
David I.

From: <Alpha88x@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Soft blows

In a message dated 10/26/2004 9:38:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=
 davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:

Or, you can tune with firm blows and check with soft blows.  It=
 think
that works better.

Greetings,

        Yesss!!   If you use a firm blow it actually "equalizes"=
 string over it's friction points and stablizes as well as=
 confirms where the string's position actually is. I then use a=
 softer blow to make sure thats where I want that note.

Julia,
Reading, PA