OT Politicals - a definition

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:12:45 -0400

Hi Conrad,

Perhaps I'm French at heart, because I don't accept that patriotism means
blindly submitting to national authority -- at least not in this country.
That's what is done in totalitarian states -- dictatorships.  We haven't
quite gotten there yet, although we're pretty close.

I believe patriotism means putting one's country first, sacrificing for the
greater good of one's countrymen.  We each have different ways of doing
that.  I respect your military service, although I take issue with the
military.  I hope you respect my blathering on a soap box, which oddly puts
me at a bit of risk too, albeit less.

Peace,
Sarah