OT Politicals - a definition

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:21:25 -0500

OK, OK,

So I lied, just like all those Democrat celebrity types who said they would
leave the country if W got elected in 2000, and most likely Soros, who says
he'll go to a monastery this year...
(any side bets on that?)

> > Just what do you think patriotism is?  Just what do you think it means to
>be an American -- a good, loyal American?

As someone who spent 5/11/22 (almost 6 yrs) active, I think I _might_ have
an idea, but let's hear it from another source or three.

To define "patriotism" one must first define the root word "patriot".

 From actual printed books at hand, here in my office:

Larousse de Pouche 2004: n/adj. Personne qui aime sa patrie.
   Trans: person who loves his/her country

Cassell Paperback English Dictionary
  - person who loves his or her country and is devoted to it's interests,
especially it's freedom and independence

For the benefit those website types:

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests

Kerry could fit the French definition, as I'm sure he would like.

Kerry would not fit the English or online definitions with his one-worlder,
we-need-a-consensus-of-UN-nations-to-do-anything attitude and record.

So is Kerry a Patriot?  Just like he says on many things - yes and no.

National security is #1,  without it there is no #2.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

-The only substitute for bad manners is good reflexes.