Perfect Pitch

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:07:10 -0700

That's "relative", NOT perfect pitch.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "lgulli2586" <lgulli2586@rogers.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Perfect Pitch
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:57:03 -0400

What about those who bang on a note after you tune, then announce this note
is flat.....they have not played a chord or a scale just that note. I find
it very interesting first, that they never say a note is sharp. They dont
compare it to anything.
I was told once that perfect pitch was the ability to name a note when
several are played without looking. tell you what triad etc etc....However
being  able to determine a notes flatness or sharpness within 15% would be
good....are we talking about randomly slecting any note on a piano, and make
this determination. I would be impressed...but I have my doubts this is what
we are talking about.

Richard, Canada