Perfect Pitch

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:57:03 -0400

What about those who bang on a note after you tune, then announce this =
note is flat.....they have not played a chord or a scale just that note. =
I find it very interesting first, that they never say a note is sharp. =
They dont compare it to anything.
I was told once that perfect pitch was the ability to name a note when =
several are played without looking. tell you what triad etc =
etc....However being  able to determine a notes flatness or sharpness =
within 15% would be good....are we talking about randomly slecting any =
note on a piano, and make this determination. I would be impressed...but =
I have my doubts this is what we are talking about.

Richard, Canada