OT Political

LarryinAtlanta@aol.com LarryinAtlanta@aol.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:55:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/2004 1:42:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sarah@graphic-fusion.com writes:
Geez Louise!

Larry, Conrad, etc....

"ANTI-AMERICAN" activities?

"UNPATRIOTIC?"

Just what do you think patriotism is?  Just what do you think it means to be
an American -- a good, loyal American?

Do you think our country was founded by docile sheep, who mindlessly followed
the dictates of King George and paid their tea taxes like good little
subjects?  NO!  Our country and government (like most countries and governments) was
born from a rebellion.
 No Sarah, I do *not* think our country was founded by sheep. But none of
that has anything to do with the issue at hand. Our country is *already* founded.
As a result, the *true* American patriots today are the ones who continue to
fight to keep it sovereign. *True* American patriots are the ones who see and
understand that we have an enemy *within*, who wants to weaken our country.
*True* American patriots are those who are willing to continue the work started
by those brave heros so many centuries ago, who realize that the enemy within
is made up of pacifist weenies who think we need a "global test" before we
defend ourselves, which is codeword for subordinating our sovereignty to the UN
and its band of tinhorn dictators. *True* American patriots are those who
realize that John Kerry has been the standard bearer for the enemy within for over
30 years. *True* patriots are those who pay attention to the fact that this
standard bearer has voted against every single weapons program put in front of
him, weapons programs that had he succeeded in defeating, would have left us
unable to defeat the Soviet Union, and would have left us unable to respond to
the current threat we are facing, and who are raising their voices in protest
against the loud voices of the dimwitted Left who think we should "talk" to
those who want to do us harm, and who think the way to defend the nation
established by those patriots of old is to tie our military's hands behind their
backs, only allowed to rise to our defense when they are fighting under the banner
of the UN.

*That* is what a *true* American patriot is, Sarah.
Our founders did not look to the law to know what was wrong and right.
Nobody had to TELL them they were being treated unjustly by Britain.  These truths
were self-evident.  It was therefore the DUTY of these people to question
unjust laws and policies and to rebel against them.  Why was it their duty?  Very
simply, they were morally obligated to correct what they saw as being wrong
with their state of affairs and the state of affairs of their fellow colonists.
 And it is the duty of today's true patriots to sound the alarm that an
unAmerican element is infiltrating our ranks, who seek to weaken us and leave us
unable to properly defend ourselves from those who seek to undo this great
nation. That's why you are seeing so many decorated war veterans speak out against
Kerry, Sarah. This is not a time for turning the reins of power over to those
who think the way to defend ourselves is to subject our troops and the
sovereignty of our nation to the authority of the UN.
Patriots are people like Rosa Parks, who refused to sit at the back of the
bus, knowing she would probably be arrested for defying authority.  Patriots are
people like the mayors throughout this land who have defied the "Defense" of
Marriage Act and have married gay couples because they believed the law to be
unjust.  Patriots are people like the "right to choose" activists and the
"right to life" activists, who may be on opposite sides of the issue but both
believe fervently in their cause.  Patriots are the citizen lobbyists who stream
constantly into Washington to try to change laws they feel are unjust.
Patriots are the conscientious objectors who refuse to pick up rifles and march off
to war, opting instead to go to prison if necessary, because they feel war is
wrong.  Patriots are the young men and women who enlist in the military, puttin
g their lives on the line in service to their country.  Patriots are the Peace
Corps volunteers, many/most opposed to war, who often put their safety on the
line in hostile lands in pursuit of American ideals and for betterment of the
world.  Patriots are the Habitats for Humanity volunteers who put in long,
hard hours to elevate the living conditions of the ever-growing ranks of
impoverished countrymen.  Patriots are the people who run the soup kitchens for their
homeless countrymen.
 Patriots are also those who stand and ring the bell of freedom for the
oppressed in Iraq, and who ring the bell of warning that a traitor is on the verge
of being elected president.
It is UNpatriotic not to consider the larger implications of any issue.  It
is UNpatriotic not to think.  It is UNpatriotic not to act.  It is UNpatriotic
to be inert -- a "sheep."
 And it is equally UNpatriotic to not speak up against those who are too
shortsighted to see the wolf at the door.

It is UNpatriotic to accuse a person of being UNpatriotic or UN-American for
doing whatever his heart of hearts -- his deepest conscience -- tells him is
the right thing to do.  It is UNpatriotic to accuse someone of being
anti-American, just because he doesn't conform to your point of view.  (How DARE you?!)
 But is that not what you're attempting to do now? I'll tell you how I
"dare", sister. *My* heart of hearts, *my* deepest conscience, tells me that a man
who came back from Vietnam and trashed his fellow soldiers with lies and half
truths for his own political ambitions is a traitor. It tells me that a man who
spent 25 years in the senate and his only claim to fame is to have voted
against every weapons program put in front of him, weapons programs that proved to
be critical in later defenses of our country, is a stupid man. It tells me
that a man who has voted against *every single military action* including the
first Gulf War, which had near unanimous support around the world, is far too
simple minded to be put in charge of making the decision as to when and how we
defend our country. It tells me that a man who has literally said that US
troops dying under the UN flag is acceptable, but US troops dying under the US flag
alone is not, who thinks we should ask the UN for approval before we defend
ourselves, is not fit to command our military and lead our country. And it
tells me that people like you who cannot or will not see these clear facts but who
blindly follow your political ideology are dangerous, and a part of the enemy
within.

John Kerry is anything but unpatriotic or un-American.  There's more patriot
in that man than we've seen from either major party in a long, long time!
 John Kerry is nothing like a patriot. Patriots do not turn their backs on
their fellow soldiers. Patriots do not put the good of the country below their
own opportunistic ambitions. Patriots do not seek to subordinate their
country's sovereignty to a world body made up of tinhorn dictators and little emperors
with their hands in the enemy's pockets, all of them hating our country.
Patriots do not change their message over and over again, altering it to suit
their needs for that particular day. Patriots are clear in their position, and
they fight for what they believe. I believe that our country is on the verge of
electing a traitor. And I will ring that bell as loudly as I can. That's how I
"dare".
That is the thing that most stands out about him.  He passionately wants to
make this land a better place.  What better thing could one say about the man?
He's not in it for the money.  He's not in it to be ruler of the world.  He's
not in it for the power trip.  He's in it because he loves America with all
his heart.
This is utter nonsense. John Kerry isn't concerned with making this land a
better place, he is, and has been since he was old enough to consider it,
thought about nothing except becoming president. They even called him "president"
when he was in college, because he talked about it so much. And yes, he's in it
for the power trip. That is the *only* reason he's in it. And the one he loves
with all his heart, is John Kerry.

John Kerry is the prototypical American, who would have found good company
with our nation's founders.  He is the very essence of a patriot.
 This one made me laugh, it is so far out of touch with reality. The "very
essence of a patriot"??? John Kerry wouldn't have found good company with our
nation's founders - John Kerry would have been hung from a rope until dead,
convicted as a traitor.

Peace,
Sarah