Perfect Pitch

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:36:06 -0700

I find that the comments or queries on perfect pitch are usually
reversed.  People ask me if I need perfect pitch to tune a piano.  I
always say "no, perfect pitch isn't that perfect".

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Garrett
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:35 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Perfect Pitch

Matthew asked: "Hey Joe,

Can you puhlease explain that?

Matthew

Joe Garrett < <mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net>
joegarrett@earthlink.net> wrote:

Terry,
Hmmm? AND, "if she truly did have perfect pitch"....... She would not be
able to stand the sound of a piano IN TUNE!<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Matthew,
The piano is NOT TUNED PERFECTLY! IMO, anyone who espouses to have
perfect pitch, actually does not, otherwise they could not stand to
listen to tempered intervals. Perfect intervals are impossible on a
piano! Okay?!!! It really frosts my b$%^s when someone says they "have
perfect pitch"!!! It's truly an ego thingee and most of the time they're
full of s^^^! The next time someone says they have perfect pitch, ask
them to sing A440 and check them with your ETD. They won't even come
close!
Pure B.S.! Okay?!!!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police