How we hear to David Andersen OT

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Carl,
    I finally scrolled down to this considerate
( though, I believe misguided ) response. So I will
show you that I can do the same.

which she seemed to
> > come back to was "he's not Bush". To me, that
> seems to be the overriding
> > theme of many others who support Kerry and seems a
> lot like a "none of the
> > above" choice on a multiple choice test.

True. Kerry's attempt to show he is a  "real man" by
slaughtering some harmless geese, for example,
disgusted me thoroughly and, I am sure, alienated far
more voters than it attracted. I am voting for Kerry
as a 1)practical measure: as long as anyone named Bush
sits in the White House, the terrorists will be
drawing a big target on their U.S. maps. 2) Kerry is a
far more concerned and informed politician who has
long devoted himself to trying to help the country he
loves. Bush is a name: a political opportunist and
marginally more palatable "front" for the guys really
running things: Cheney, Rove, Wolfowitz....

> > As a Navy Vietnam veteran (sound familiar?), I
> look at Kerry's current
> > "support of the military" and shudder.

How about Bush's? Slashed Veteran's funding the day
Congress issued a  proclomation praising them. Won't
even supply troops with bulletproof vests, so their
families have to take up collections to do this
themselves. I far more trust someone who has seen
combat to care about pour troops. "Supporting the
Military" is not about donating tax dollars to defense
contractors. It is about caring about the men and
women who are risking their lives!

We've all
> heard the record of his
> > almost simultaneous votes for and against the war
> and against funding the
> > troops. This kind of support is not appreciated by
> the troops, believe
> > me.

Hunh? Bush is not exactly loved by our troops over
there!nHe has extended their tours of duty, cut
hazardous duty pay and also benefits to their families
if they die. AND he sent them to fight someone who A)
did not have the meabs to harm us. B) Probably would
not have, knowing that he would be instantly
vap[oreized if he ever tried. ALL 13 U.S. Intelligence
agencies warned Bush in Oct. 2002 that Invading Iraq
would make the U.S. LESS safe. Bush ignored them!

 He stands by them, even though
> he admits to actions
> which
> > qualify HIM as a war criminal.

It takes guts to admit you made a mistake so publicly!
Bush's policies have resulted in the deaths and
maimings of tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians,
including women and childre, yet he brags that he is a
follower of Jesus, and has apologozed for nothing!
Bush is considered the #1 terrorist by most of the
world's people, and it will take new leadership to
erase the danger he has created for all American
citizens. He is out of touch with reality and, like
the Republicans who support him ( some, thankfully,
don't ! ) seems to have no conception of how the
violence he has promulgated will come back to haunt
us. Don't vote for Kerry because you like care about
ME. Vote for Kerry because you care about your
country, your family, and yourself! Better yet: vote
for Kerry because you care about honesty and oppenness
in government, compassion, and the fact that this
planet is God's, not ours, and we have no right to
trash either it, or the living entities
( human and otherwise ) which call it home. To think
otherwise is to invite catastrophe!

    Thump

     Thump