Cracked Lid

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:46:56 -0700 (PDT)

If reveneering the entire lid is not an option, try
piecing in veneer by laying a new piece of the same
species over the crack, securing it with piuns and/or
tape, cutting through both it and the original veneer
with an Exacto knife ona  good straight edge. Then
remove the unwanted portion of the original veneer and
glue the new piece in. Leave the finish on the
original veneer ( to resist glue spill ) until after
the new piece is in place. Then strip the lid and sand
( this will help hide the joint ) and finsih the
whole.
     Thump

=== message truncated ===