(no subject)

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:20:03 -0700

Hi all,

I have a piano that has had an infestation of termites.  Close =
examination revealed small bore holes the size of a pin head most of =
which were plugged with termite pellets.  Speaking of which there were =
termite pellets in the action cavity and I found the screw blocks for =
the stack and the key frame were the affected areas.  I've vaccuumed the =
area thoroughly and saw wings shorter than carpenter ants would have =
amongst the debris.  Also there were partial remains of almost paper =
like debris stuck to the wood in areas near the largest eaten away area. =
 I'm assuming this is the start of their tent  ..........  like wasps =
would build a nest.  As I recall termites don't like being in the light =
and so they build outside tunnels to connect their neighborhoods =
together.

I'm curious to know what to do about this.  The owners just moved here =
from Hawaii and I'd like to report back to them soon.

Anyone have experience on this matter??

larryf@pacifier.com

Hope y'all are having a plush season.