pure politcs was: How we hear to David Andersen OT

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:30:19 -0700

Dean:
Let's put the Rockwell quote in context and not let people make the
mistake of thinking that he was endorsing Bush over Kerry.  In a long
article titled "The Myth of the Kerry Calamity"
(www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/kerry-calamity.html) he wrote:
.
Many bad things would happen under a President Kerry. But many horrible
things have happened under the Bush presidency. This is a regime that
has exploded government power at a pace I hoped we would never see
again. Just once I would like to see one of the Bush supporters write
something like:
It is true that he has expanded the budget at twice the rate of Clinton,
that he has created the largest and most powerful new federal
bureaucracy since the WW2, that he has imposed costly protectionist
legislation, that he keeps prisoners of war in violation of
international law, that he lied about Iraq, that he is personally
responsible for the deaths of 1,100 US soldiers, and 15,000+ Iraqi
civilians, that his war has inspired terrorism around the world, and
that another four years of this can only mean more loss of liberty and
more bloodshed. And yet, I support his reelection for fear of Kerry.
 <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0945466382/lewrockwell/>
But the Bush supporters don't say that. Instead they liken him to God.
They consider him savior. They trust him with leadership. They really
credit him with securing the country. They say that he is ruling in the
name of liberty. It is remarkable, even demonic. The Bush regime isn't
just a group of leaders vying for our affections. It is the world's
leading example of the cult of power itself. Kerry may be dangerous but
he heads no cult and commands no army of deluded religious fanatics
willing to celebrate him as he leads the country into a totalitarian
hell of endless war and central administration.
Nonetheless, this is not an endorsement. It is an anti-endorsement.
Until the day of real freedom arrives, we need both parties so that they
might fight among themselves. Better that they point their guns at each
other than at us.

David Love

Dean May wrote:

I like what Lew Rockwell wrote yesterday
(http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/kerry-calamity.html ). Here is what
he wishes Bush supporters had the honesty to say:
It is true that (Bush) has expanded the budget at twice the rate of