OT-Road Service

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:21:09 -0400

Hi Barbara,

If you like a sedan, then a station wagon is the perfect compromise for
giving the feel of a sedan, and the ease and space for safely loading an
action (or 3).

I have a Volvo Cross Country wagon with all wheel drive. I bought it used
with 73K miles for $12k. I was mainly looking for a used Subaru Outback
wagon. Because they are such a great car, it is nearly impossible to find
one at a decent price. The Volvo is a lot more car, so I was really lucky to
find it.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Cohen

RPT (newly minted)

NJ Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Barbara Richmond
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:49 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT-Road Service

Hey Terry,

I'm having a hard time deciding on a new-to-me vehicle.  I've had station
wagons and sedans.  The last Mazda 626 I owned had back seats that folded
down fairly flat and with low & wide enough trunk access so I could slide a
grand action in while it was still mounted on the luggage rack I use for
moving them around.   With this car (96 Camry--good sized trunk), I have to
put the action in the back seat (a D action *just* fits), placed on top of
boxes to clear the door arm rests and pillows wedged between the action and
the front seats.  I always need help getting it in and out of the car.
Yesterday one of the stage hands came out to help me.  I told him how we
would have to tilt the action to get it out and warned him it was heavy.  I
went around to the other side of the car to guide the action on its way out
and was prepared to run back to help with the lifting.  Man, he took hold of
that action like it was a piece of cardboard and stood there holding it and
looking at me with a look on his face that I read as "Did you say you
thought this was heavy?"

I like having a sedan--if only I could get one with a built in stage hand,
or perhaps I could grow 8-10 inches taller for better leverage.  :-)

Barbara Richmond