Driving Tuning Pins?

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:56:17 -0700

Hey youse guys! You're advocating Driving the pins on this piano, before =
knowing what kind of piano it is!!!!!! There are some pianos, that have =
a plate configuration that requires the tuning pin to be quite high, by =
most standards we see! If you drive the pins, (too deep), on this kind =
of a piano, you will cause excess string angle which could cause string =
breakage!
You all should be aware of the fact that the TOP of the Pinblock is the =
area that needs to be tight in order to give sufficient pin torque/feel. =
NOT the bottom of the hole! Driving pins is like the olde Pin Dope....it =
works for a short time only, in my experience!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I