tuning technique

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:52:22 +0200

On 27-okt-04, at 8:14, Carl Teplitski wrote:

> "Very, very interesting subject, and one that has been in my mind for =
> long time.
> Trying to set the pin with subtle " jerks " of the pin as oppossed to =
> straight
> pull.  Recall seeing a video with Jim Coleman and George Defebaugh.
> Defebaugh made the remark that he was a jerk tuner, and had a chuckle.
> This led me to think that his way may have been , even in his mind, =
not
> considered the accepted and best way to tune. He was a highly =
respected
> tuner / technician , so I like to think that his method must have=20
> merit.
> Some
> list members on this topic use the term  " bump " . I wonder if that
> means jerk.
>
> Carl ? Winnipetg.

There is also a third alternative, which actually works best :
It is the technique of moving the pin without bumping, not jerking.
I used to tune in short spurts, going from tic to tic, literally.
I now have changed my method to kind of 'hang' on the hammer with my=20
body weight and try to really 'turn' the pin in one step, and not in=20
many little ones.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek