OT-Road Service

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:36:26 -0400

    Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:49 AM
      Subject: Re: OT-Road Service

      Hey Terry,

      I'm having a hard time deciding on a new-to-me vehicle.  I've had =
station wagons and sedans.  The last Mazda 626 I owned had back seats =
that folded down fairly flat and with low & wide enough trunk access so =
I could slide a grand action in while it was still mounted on the =
luggage rack I use for moving them around.   With this car (96 =
Camry--good sized trunk), I have to put the action in the back seat (a D =
action *just* fits), placed on top of boxes to clear the door arm rests =
and pillows wedged between the action and the front seats.  I always =
need help getting it in and out of the car.  Yesterday one of the stage =
hands came out to help me.  I told him how we would have to tilt the =
action to get it out and warned him it was heavy.  I went around to the =
other side of the car to guide the action on its way out and was =
prepared to run back to help with the lifting.  Man, he took hold of =
that action like it was a piece of cardboard and stood there holding it =
and looking at me with a look on his face that I read as "Did you say =
you thought this was heavy?" =20

      I like having a sedan--if only I could get one with a built in =
stage hand, or perhaps I could grow 8-10 inches taller for better =
leverage.  :-)

      Barbara Richmond
        Barbara and List,
            I've been pleased with my Corrolla wagon. It fits all my =
stuff, handles grand and vertical actions, has a radio and air =
conditioning. Here in Eastern Mass. the weather can get slick at times, =
but its only a few day's a year that the little Toyota has problems.=20
            I'll probably look for another when this one gets =
tired--(Sooner I suspect -1990 model) but the Subaru Outback-Forrester =
and Honda Element  are appealing for the all wheel drive feature and =
storage --especially the Element!
           =20
            Tom Driscoll