OT-Road Service

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:52:02 -0600

Hi Dean,
WARNING, do check out Deans suggestion before you leave the house and =
try this idea with your car. DAMHIK
Some newer cars have a safety feature to prevent carjacking, that will =
not allow the owners transmitter to be used while the car is running.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dean May=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:47 AM
  Subject: RE: OT-Road Service

  I got a remote starter with remote door lock for about $65 off the =
internet (http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm100014.htm). I got their =
power door lock kit for $45. It all takes about 4 hours to install. Or =
you can buy one at Ziebart (lots of places, really) for about $200 and =
they'll install it for you. Wonderful investment for people in and out =
of their cars that must always be locked.=20

  =20

  I leave a single ignition key in the console that I use exclusively to =
start the van. That leaves a key and the remote transmitter in my =
pocket. This allows me to easily leave the vehicle running and locked =
which I frequently do for a quick stop. I also hide a key in a magnetic =
holder at a strategic point inside the frame rail.

  =20

  I'm not stuck anymore.

  =20

  Dean