Copying damaged bass bridge

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:48:18 -0700

John Ross said: "Well, what I did, was get a piece of scrap wood, and =
using double sided tape, attach it to the old bridge, making sure it was =
flat. Meaning wood splinters and glue sticking up, removed.
I then ran it through the planer, ending up with a reverse of the old =
bridge.
I then taped it to my new piece of wood, and ran it through the planer.
I ended up with an exact replica of the old bridge. (As close as I can =
tell) No guessing involved.
I figure, for me it was easier than sawing, or sanding.
Let me know, what you think.
Regards,

John,
Very ingenious! I didn't know double sided taped was strong enough to =
withstand the forces in a planer! I'll keep that one in mind, for sure!
Best Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I