rabbit felt hammers

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:20:29 +0200

Hi all.

I was happy enough to hear today a Grotrian Steinweg upright with rabbit =
felt hammers.
Strange experience : no volume at all, but one of the most delightful =
sounds I have ever heard.  Dynamic range from PPP to P, but oh my god, =
what a pure sound ! And with exceptionnal singing abilities.  Has anyone =
else ever encountered those hammers ?  I wonder if what I just described =
is due to the hammers or to something else.

St=E9phane Collin.