poxy on soundboards and seminar in Bruxelles

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:34:16 +0200

On 19-jan-80, at 22:50, Gevaert Pierre wrote:

> Hi Conrad,
>
> It was quite impressive to hear the participants wich were from 5=20
> different
> countries asking questions to Andr=E9 in a for me  well understandable
> English.
> So, I think that if the metric measure system  is more a standard=20
> choice,
> English is the best choice for pianotechnical stuff.
> Afther the seminar, it was funny to hear several participants=20
> searching for
> the name of piano parts or piano technical  related terms in their own
> language while they had no problem finding it in English.
>
> Of course for me and the most of the participants I think, the most
> impressive was to see Andr=E9 regulating, voicing and explaining, with =
an
> amazing rapidity, dexterity and clarity and with beautifull results.=20=

> (even
> if he had prefered a more recent piano to work with).
> I've learned a lot during those two days so one more time, thank you=20=

> verry
> much Andr=E9.
>
> Pierre Gevaert,
> Belgium

Hello Pierre, and list,

Thank you very much for your very nice words and gesture. I am really=20
happy that you liked the seminar, and hey man! I liked it too.
I think it is very important to spread knowledge and especially=20
knowledge which is scarce.
The knowledge about voicing piano's is very scarce and that's why I=20
have tried so very hard to get what was available for me.
Because voicing seemed to be so incredibly vague and hard to come by, I=20=

have made it my personal goal to go to my limit. This was not easy,=20
because at least 30 years went by, I had to travel a lot and I spent=20
countless lonely hours in an industrial environment of hissing factory=20=

pipes and industrial ugliness in general.
All technicians, who are able to go to these place of intense learning=20=

(hey Richard my friend, he is going back to Japan tomorrow!) know about=20=

this, but they all want to go back for more, and as fast as possible.
For those, who are not able to do this, these seminars can be of=20
importance. Next to that, it is very nice to meet a bunch of colleagues=20=

all at once, especially because we, in our trade, are mostly alone.=20
Every gathering, convention or weekend together with colleagues, is a=20
good place to exchange knowledge and make new friends.
I hope to be able to keep contributing more to these very nice meetings=20=

in various countries.

Thanks for your highly appreciated technical help and your influence in=20=

regard to the Museum for Musical Instruments in Bruxelles.
More power to you!

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek