poxy on soundboards and seminar in Bruxelles

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:25:46 +0100

Well... heck... we are over into a purely subjective area.  So tastes
differ and thats just dandy. Wouldnt have it any other way. I know folks
who hate modern pianos all together... prefering the sound of very old
fortes... not even new copies.  Who am I to tell another that their
musical tastes need re-evalutating... or place any value judgjement at
all on them.

The cork is not in my ear, rather its in some folks openess to the fact
that there are quite a few ways of skinning this cat and ending up with
a fine musical instrument, and in accepting that those resulting
differences are a matter of taste, not some emprical better or worse.

I can agree with the last bit of your last statement to a degree
tho....  from a qualitative point of view... yes its hard to judge
whether a 64, 94, or 1894 are different.  All, as you say... have their
own charm.

Cheers
RicB