Epoxy on soundboards

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:05:26 -0400

All right guys, here it is, straight from West System - I emailed them =
this morning asking about the need for a UV protective coating on epoxy =
on a piano soundboard.

Their reply:

"You only need uv protection when epoxy coating is exosed to direct
sunlight.  Indirect or shaded areas will survive indefinetly.  Best bet
for such a coating on a piano soundboard is WEST SYSTEM 105 Resin and
207 Hardener.  (We have some stuff coated clear that are exposed to
indirect sunlight (thru windows) and they've been holding up fine for
over 20 years.)"

 Terry Farrell

> > It doesn't much matter even if it dries with a flat glossy film.  =
Epoxy