Epoxy on soundboards..

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:31:36 -0700

Dale E. said:"I'd say the Bechstein had other problems,.hey there are  =
so=20
many to choose from. i.e. old board, bearing etc.
   BTW UV doesn't have to be direct contact to cause a finish to  fade =
or=20
degrade.
  Besides Europeans don't believe in replacing soundboards. It would  =
remove=20
the magic tone wood. (grin.)  Conrad. I need a really good Flamesuit "=20
.!!!!!!!!!

Dale,
The finish on this Bechstein was more like 1/8" thick! Everything else =
was ok. Crown/hammers/action, etc were well done and maintained. Just a =
gutless piano because someone decided to "try" the new finish on their =
project! Dumkopf! BTW, how the hell did Yamama get into this =
conversation?!!! On the UV thing, I agree, to some degree. But, with =
reservations! K?
Best regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police