Epoxy on soundboards

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:28:43

Hi Dean,

Trust me, the vapour will make it that far.--But it seems Tom Cole has
found that coating the boards helps with stability.

If you really want "penetration" then water thin CA glue would be a far
better choice than epoxy. Has anyone tried it?

At 01:28 PM 20/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>Just because epoxy is "water proof" does not mean that it is "vapor proof".

>But it's not a coating, it is a soaking, an infusion. If the surface wood
>cells down to some depth are filled with epoxy, where will the water vapor
>go? What structure in the wood will absorb it? Only the very inner cells
>that the epoxy didn't fill will be able to absorb the water vapor if it
>makes it that far.
>
>Dean

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/