Metric

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:48:23 -0700

Bernhard said: "Joe,
a little help to wrap around piano metric is:
- average wire diameter of A4 is 1 milimeter (ok 0,95 ;)
- string length of the first string (A0) of a Steinway grand model B is =
=3D
1,5 meter"

Bernhard,
And, that is supposed to mean something to me?!!!!! No matter how you =
slice it, IT DOESN'T!~ I wouldn't know a meter from a matzaball!<G>
I drive a Mercedes and it has a thermometer to show the outside =
temperature. I'm really tempted to put some electicians tape over the =
damned thing, because it don't tell me zip! I also have a Chevy =
Suburban, that has a 350 c.i. motor. If you told me it was xxx cc's I =
wouldn't know what you were talking about in terms of displacement! I =
buy gallons of milk, not liters! Even when the whole damned world is in =
metric, it won't make a lick of sense to me.=20
Even tho I worked in the Medical Field for several years, it didn't make =
sense then either. Don't know what to tell you. I don't get it.
And while I'm on this tangent: the Name for Cycles Per Second, i.e. =
Hertz, is the stupidest damned thing concocted by the brainiacs, IMO!
A 2x4 is actually 1 5/8" x 3 5/8". This I know. Why it got trimmed down =
is a whole nuther topic. It's still called a 2x4 on the job site! Of =
course, when all the damned trees are gone and construction will be =
completely out of metal or recycled beer cans, then we won't need the =
term 2x4! Get it?
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I