Metric - was The answer from Yamaha

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:24:18 -0700

Bernhard said: "And that=B4s why it would be better to use world =
standard in the future of a
global market, also in the US."

regards,

Bernhard,
Even tho, I have spoken out against Metric, many times, I agree with =
you. However, until olde farts, like me, that were only taught "English =
Measure" and "Machinist's Measure", (which is a decimal equivalent of =
English Measure), pass on to the great Concert Hall in the sky, there =
will be this controversy. Most schools, in the US, are now teaching =
Metric and soon the problem will be solved. Many consumer goods, in the =
US are in Metric. Not all, tho, so the problem still exists. I truly =
wish my brain could wrap around the Metric concept, but it doesn't. =
Believe me, I try, on a daily basis, to use Metric. It's an uphill =
battle! :-( The one area that brings great amusement is the lumber =
industry. I don't think there will ever be anything other than a 2x4, =
etc.<G>

Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police