The answer from Yamaha

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:25:40 +0100

Different manufactures mark their bridges differently, and in the end
its simply best to mic and make sure your self what actual size to put
on. I hardly even look at markings anymore.  For example take
Grotrians.... they dont even use wire size markings... they use wire
guage numbers.  Some manufuactures dont even put anything on at all.

Cheers
RicB