Piano Tone Building

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:57:47 -0400

On Oct 16, 2004, at 9:38 AM, michael campi wrote:

> I am still looking for a copy of Piano Tone Building that someone
> wants to unload.
> Michael

I hope you aren't expecting to learn a great deal from this volume. It
is of historic interest about the early 20th century piano industry,
though. Perhaps you'd find Samuel Wolfenden's <A Treatise on the Art of
Pianoforte Construction> of greater value. Some time ago Ric B posted a
link for the fairly recent Twelve Lectures on the Piano (inexact title,
sorry).
Collecting and studying handouts and technical bulletins on voicing
from Renner, Kawai, Steinway, Andre's excellent instructions here on
the list, etc., and then going to work string leveling, needling,
reshaping, etc. on a subject piano will get you on your way ...

Patrick